This article contains the steps required to block Albacom.net from accessing your WordPress site using the Wordfence plugin. Albacom.net is an Italian ISP operating under the name “BT Italia S.p.A.,IT” from which a large number of WordPress brute-force hacking attempts originate.
This article is primarily intended for clients of Glimmernet’s WordPress Hosting offering, but will be applicable to anyone who administers WordPress sites running Wordfence.
To successfully block Albacom.net from accessing your site, you will first need to install the Wordfence plugin. Information on Wordfence can be found at http://www.wordfence.com/ and the plugin can be downloaded directly from inside of your WordPress installation or by going to https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordfence/
Once Wordfence is installed, you can begin blocking IP addresses by simply logging in to your WordPress admin panel and going to Wordfence >> Advanced Blocking. On this tab you will find an input for the IP address range. You’ll need to enter all 20 of the following ranges individually. We recommend naming them “Albacom Block X of Y” but you can give them whatever name you want.
The 20 IP address ranges that you need to block are:
- 184.108.40.206 – 220.127.116.11
- 18.104.22.168 – 22.214.171.124
- 126.96.36.199 – 188.8.131.52
- 184.108.40.206 – 220.127.116.11
- 18.104.22.168 – 22.214.171.124
- 126.96.36.199 – 188.8.131.52
- 184.108.40.206 – 220.127.116.11
- 18.104.22.168 – 22.214.171.124
- 126.96.36.199 – 188.8.131.52
- 184.108.40.206 – 220.127.116.11
- 18.104.22.168 – 22.214.171.124
- 126.96.36.199 – 188.8.131.52
- 184.108.40.206 – 220.127.116.11
- 18.104.22.168 – 22.214.171.124
- 126.96.36.199 – 188.8.131.52
- 184.108.40.206 – 220.127.116.11
- 18.104.22.168 – 22.214.171.124
- 126.96.36.199 – 188.8.131.52
- 184.108.40.206 – 220.127.116.11
- 18.104.22.168 – 22.214.171.124
Using WordFence is a simple way to block traffic from a ISPs such as Albacom.net which are sources for brute-force hacking attempts against WordPress installations. This approach will block ALL traffic in the IP address ranges listed above, so be sure that this is an acceptable tradeoff for security before implementing this approach.
Thank you for this, I have now implemented this as I am also being targeted by Italian IPs using Albacon.
Any IP ranges similar to this for blocking fastwebnet.it from Accessing Your WordPress Site?
Yeah, actually we have the same problem with fastwebnet.it on a few blogs we manage here. I’ve been meaning to write up the instructions for that ISP as well, but haven’t had a chance. I’ll try to do it in the next couple of days, though. Check back here or follow on twitter at http://twitter.com/glimmernet for that post.
Here you go: https://www.glimmernet.com/blocking-fastwebnet-it-from-accessing-your-wordpress-site/